The LSA is governed by an elected Executive Committee and a 24-member Board of Trustees.
Positions and Terms
All officers and trustees of the LSA governance are elected by the membership to fixed terms. Elections are held in the fall of each year to fill all open offices.
- President: Presidents are elected to serve a two-year term.
- Secretary: The Secretary is elected to a two-year term.
- Treasurer: The Treasurer is appointed by the Board and serves a three-year term.
- Editors: Two Editors (General Editor and Book Review Editor) are selected by the Board of Trustees to serve three-year terms.
- Executive Officer: The Board of Trustees select the Executive Officer, who serves a five-year term, renewable.
- Executive Committee: The Executive Committee consists of the officers listed above as well as three class representatives from the Board of Trustees.
- Board of Trustees: Each year, the LSA membership elects a class of eight individuals to serve a three-year term on the Board of Trustees.
Current Board of Trustees
Each year, the LSA membership elects a class of 8 representatives to the Board to serve a three-year term. The representative receiving the highest number of votes serves as their class representative on the Executive Committee. In addition, the Book Review Editor joins the full Board at its meetings.
* Class representatives on the Executive Committee
Class of 2023
- Shaun Ossei-Owusu*
University of Pennsylvania Carey Law School
- Fabio de Sa e Silva
University of Oklahoma
- Rachel Moran
University of California-Irvine School of Law
- Linda Mulcahy
University of Oxford
- Ayobami Laniyonu
University of Toronto
- Jeffrey Omari
Northern Illinois University College of Law
- Matthew Shaw
Vanderbilt Law School
- Alison Renteln
University of Southern California
Class of 2024
- Bryan Sykes*
University of California-Irvine
- Deepa Das Acevedo
University of Alabama
- Amada Armenta
- Sarah Brayne
University of Texas-Austin
- Scott Cummings
- Daanika Gordon
- Kyoko Ishida
Waseda Law School
- Austin Sarat
Class of 2025
- Kamari Clarke*
Centre for Criminology & Sociolegal Studies, University of Toronto
- Zozo Dyani-Mhango
Faculty of Law of the University of Pretoria
- Sahar Aziz
Rutgers University Law School
- Anya Bernstein
SUNY Buffalo School of Law
- Liz Chiarello
Saint Louis University
- Sarah Lageson
Rutgers University-Newark School of Criminal Justice
- Robin Stryker
- I. India Thusi
Indiana University Bloomington Maurer School of Law