By joining LSA, you’ll be able to connect to a global community of sociolegal scholars, enjoy special discounts, and stay current with the field of law & society!
- Networking & Professional Development
- Access to a real-time Membership Directory
- Access to over 50 Collaborative Research Networks (CRNs)
- A subscription to Law & Society Review, the leading sociolegal journal in the world.
- Exclusive access to LSATalk, our members-only listserv. You’ll be notified about job postings, Calls for Papers, and much more!
- Opportunities to serve on governance committees
- Access to our Teaching Materials Repository
- Discount on titles and articles from LSA publisher partners.
FOR YOUR COMMUNITY
- Connect with a global sociolegal community
- The right to vote for LSA officers and trustees
- Keep up to date with LSA news and the sociolegal community
- Ability to nominate individuals for LSA’s annual prizes
- Ability to apply for exclusive LSA member programs
When I first became an academic, I felt like there were few legal scholars who were interested in the kind of interdisciplinary questions I was enamored with. When I came to LSA, I felt like I had found so many of my people. I found a community in which I could grow and with which I could grow. I found a community that shared my values, LSA values diversity of all kinds equity, inclusion, and justice, and it truly values mentoring junior scholars and students. Community, belonging, and mentorship are the most beneficial aspects of being an LSA member.Angela Onwuachi-WilligBoston University
LSA membership is really essential for anyone with a serious interest in what law does as opposed to what it says in the texts or case reports. I used to tell my students that journal papers and conference presentations were always behind the cutting edge of a field. The real innovations happen in the informal places, which only members can access, especially in the meetings.Robert DingwallNottingham Trent University, Dingwall Enterprises Ltd
Professionals or students should join LSA to become part of a very supportive and worldwide network of sociolegal scholars who collectively continue to add to the knowledge base of various sociolegal phenomena and who can mentor or otherwise assist any member at any stage of the member's professional career. LSA also is a fun organization give the really interesting people it attracts.Thomas W. MitchellTexas A&M University School of Law
It is an opportunity to meet and engage with a truly interdisciplinary community committed to an empirically grounded understanding of the roles of law in society. It is an extremely open community with a global reach.Heinz KlugUniversity of Wisconsin Law School, University of the Witwatersrand School of Law