Applications for LSA Members are Now Open!
The Law & Society Association is happy to announce childcare grants of up to $300 to assist Global Meeting participants who are attending the confernce in-person and bringing young children or who incur extra expenses in leaving them at home (i.e., extra daycare or babysitting services beyond what they normally use). Childcare grants will only be available to current LSA members.
The application portal will close on Monday, May 30 at 3 p.m. ET (USA). Applications can be completed by clicking the link below and require a full LSA membership to submit. Preference will be given to applicants in the early stage of their careers and to those who have a lower income. We only have modest funds available for this year, and cannot guarantee that everyone who applies will receive a childcare grant.
We hope that these funds will help parents have a productive and enjoyable conference in Lisbon!
LSA offers grants of up to $300 per family to assist Global Meeting participants who are bringing small children or who incur extra expenses in leaving them at home (i.e., extra daycare or babysitting services). There will be no LSA sponsored childcare services on-site this year. LSA does not sanction or recommend childcare providers, and does not assume responsibility or liability for child care services of any sort. It is the responsibility of the parents to thoroughly investigate all childcare providers. The application period is from May 12-30, 2022. Preference will be given to applicants in the early stage of their careers and to those who have a lower income as measured by LSA membership categories.
– Applicants must be a 2022 LSA Member.
– Only one parent of a child or children may apply for the grant.
– Applicants must be a presenter, chair or a participant attending in-person at the Global Meeting.
– Grant recipients must be already registered for the Global Meeting.
– Daycare expenses in the city of the meeting.
– Extra daycare expenses at home incurred because the primary caregiver was attending the meeting (for example, overtime at a daycare center, cost of a sitter for extended hours, etc.)
– Expenses incurred in bringing a babysitter (or family member acting as caregiver) to the meeting or to your home to care for the child, who would not otherwise be attending.
– Meals, on-site transportation, and tickets to museums and other attractions, as well as routine child-care expenses (nanny, babysitter, after-school care) not related to attendance at the meeting.
– Child-care funds cannot be used to fund travel or other expenses related to the attendee’s own participation in the meeting (including meeting registration or other expenses the attendee would already be incurring by attending the meeting).
– Funds cannot be used for travel expenses for the child or children to the Annual Meeting.
Reimbursement may be requested for eligible expenses up to the maximum amount of the grant. Expenses in excess of the award amount must be borne by the individual recipient. Each recipient will complete an LSA reimbursement form and submit it with original receipts to the LSA office either by email or at the meeting location.
LSA reserves the right to deny funds to applicants who misrepresent their funding need.
Please contact the LSA Executive Office at email@example.com