Get to Know Emily Prifogle!
- University of Michigan Law School
Number of years as LSA member: 5
Number of LSA Meetings Attended: 2
Areas of Research:
- Legal History
- Rural Law
- Local Government Law
Favorite Topic to Teach or Research: Legal History
Major Award(s) or Honors:
- Law and Society Association: Dissertation Prize (2020)
- Association for the Study of Law, Culture, and the Humanities: Julian Mezey Dissertation Award
Unique Fact: “I am a co-founder of womenalsoknowlaw.com and womenalsoknowhistory.com. I’m proud to be part of an effort to change the look and sound of expertise in our field and support the work of women and nonbinary scholars.”
Top 3 Articles Published:
- Legal Landscapes, Migrant Labor, and Rural Social Safety Nets in Michigan, 1942-1971, forthcoming with Law & Social Inquiry.
- Winks, Whispers, and Prosecutorial Discretion in Rural Iowa, 1925-1928, Annals of Iowa 79:3 (2020)
- Law and Local Activism: Uncovering the Civil Rights History of Chambers v. Mississippi, California Law Review 101 (2013).
To learn more about Emily, check out her bio here.