Information for Panelists
|Program Committee & Keywords
||Requirements for All Paper Presenters|
|Duties of Chairs and Discussants||CRN Scheduling|
|Participation Limits||Audio Visual Needs|
Access your Ready Room to see your schedule: https://ww5.aievolution.com/lsa1401/index.cfm
All participants will be required to register for the meeting in early 2014.
You do not have to be a member of LSA to participate in the meeting.
! Important !
If you cannot attend, it is very important to formally withdraw your paper or session from the system, otherwise, you will be included in the Program, causing participants and attendees to assume you will be there. To withdraw, please notify your session organizer and chair, and email Kris Monty email@example.com.
Participants are limited to:
- One participation as a Paper Presenter, Roundtable Participant, or Salon Presenter.
- Two additional appearances as a Chair and/or Discussant on a panel. Participation as a Chair and/or Discussant on the same panel counts as one participation.
Exemptions: Exempted additional appearances include on a Program Committee sanctioned Author Meets Reader session, on a plenary, a service session, or other special event solicited and/or authorized by the Program Committee Chairs. For all other requests, there will be no exception to the rule. No individual will appear on more than four sessions in total unless approved by a Program Committee chair and the Executive Office.
For “non-presenting” paper co-authors: it will not count as a participation if they do not sit on the session panel and present the paper (select “non-presenter” when the co-author is added to a paper).
It is expected that you will allow your name to be added to the program only in accordance with these limitations. You will be required to withdraw participations that exceed the limit.
Once a paper is assigned to a session either by the Program Committee or Session Organizer, the author is expected to:
- have a written copy of the paper one month prior to the meeting
- circulate the paper or relevant text among the other session participants as directed by the session Chair
- prepare a public presentation of the paper, whether from speaking notes, power point, or parallel text that conforms to the time constraints and the particular format or approach arranged by the session Chair (simply reading from the paper is not acceptable).
- make a large print version of any material to be distributed in the session for attendees who may be visually impaired
- in the event a paper author cannot attend, he or she must formally withdraw from the submission system and contact the session chair well in advance of the meeting and in time to be replaced. A paper must be presented by its author(s); it may not be presented by another panelist.
- LSA requests that all session organizers and presenters review the Disability Guidelines and take the steps necessary to make the sessions accessible to attendees with disabilities.