Roundtable Discussion Sessions
Proposals for Roundtables must include:
- a session title (include CRN, IRC or RCSL Working Group sponsorship in session title when relevant)
- a 100-250 word description of the session
- keyword selection(s)
- a Chair
- a minimum of four participants
In order to submit, you must first have an account on our LSA Services system.
If you are an LSA member, or have attended a recent meeting, you already have an account. Go to Verify Registration Status to verify your account if you are not sure, or to setup a new account if you have never registered with us. If you have forgotten your password you can click on “Forgot Password” in the the login process, once you have entered your email address. Please do not create a second log-in account. Complete or update your profile, indicating as primary an email address that will remain current through the dates of the meeting.
Note: AllAcademic, a third-party vendor, manages the submission site for electronic proposal submissions. There are a number of advantages, both for the program organizers and participants, in using this service. Their software generates automated emails to acknowledge your log-in and submissions and will include important information. These emails will have “@allacademic.com” as the return address. Please take care to assure that they are not captured in your spam-filter.
|To Submit the Proposal (includes Author Meets Reader Sessions):
- Login to LSA Services
- From the Menu, Click on—"Proposal Submission Site"
- Click on—Submit a New Proposal
- Click on—Submit a Proposal Now
- Under Session Proposals, Select the type of Session Submission: Click on—Book Session or Roundtable
- On the session form, Enter Session Title. Include any group associations in the title (i.e. CRN or IRC) and note the group’s name in the description.
- Enter Description of 100-250 words
- When selecting Keywords describing the topic of the session, choose them in order of relevance to the topic of the session (Keyword #1 should be most relevant).
- Click on—Accept and Continue (at the bottom of the page)
- Participant Page -
Add each participant. Use the Search List first to find individuals.
Add a participant by clicking on “Add” in the Action Column of the table that the search creates.
If the participants are not found, each needs to log into the the LSA Services site. Once the participant has logged in, they should click on the menu item for the Proposal Submission Site. Their information will be drawn into the submission site immediately. If they do not, it will take 24 hours for their information to be available. You will then be able to add them to your session.
- Select the appropriate “role” for each participant. It will be highlighted when selected.
- When all are added, Click on—Accept and Continue button
- AV Equipment page
Select AV equipment—must be selected before February 28th. Select “None” if no AV equipment is required. If you select “other,” describe your needs in the note field provided. LSA will contact you if this equipment is/not available.
Get more info on AV
- Click on—Accept and Continue
- Edit as needed from the review page.
- When editing is complete, print out the page using your browser print command
- Click on—Save Session (at the bottom of the page)
An automated email will immediately be sent to you, the Organizer/Submitter, listing information about the submission, a session printout, and general information about the Meeting. Please forward this email immediately to all participants in the session.
The session organizer will receive an automated acknowledgment email. If you do not receive an acknowledgment email, contact the LSA Executive Office email@example.com.
Return to Menu