Paper Presentation Sessions
Proposals with Paper Presentations must include:
- a session title (include CRN, IRC or RCSL Working Group sponsorship in session title when relevant)
- a 100-250 word description of the session
- keyword selection(s)
- a Chair
- a Discussant (who may also serve as chair)
- a minimum of four individual papers that are "assigned" by the Session Organizer.
IMPORTANT: Paper Session Proposals must be submitted early in order to allow time for the paper authors to submit their proposals before the deadline.Papers in a session proposal must be submitted by the authors and cannot be submitted by the organizer. Once the organizer submits a panel, the panel will be assigned a session tracking number. The session organizer must provide the panelists with this session tracking number for them to register their papers properly.
In order to submit, you must first have an account on our LSA Services system.
If you are an LSA member, or have attended a recent meeting, you already have an account. Go to Verify Registration Status to verify your account if you are not sure, or to setup a new account if you have never registered with us. If you have forgotten your password you can click on “Forgot Password” in the the login process, once you have entered your email address. Please do not create a second log-in account. Complete or update your profile, indicating as primary an email address that will remain current through the dates of the meeting.
Note: AllAcademic, a third-party vendor, manages the submission site for electronic proposal submissions. Their software generates automated emails to acknowledge your log-in and submissions and will include important information. These emails will have “@allacademic.com” as the return address. Please take care to assure that they are not captured in your spam-filter.
To Submit the Proposal
- Login to LSA Services
- From the Menu, Click on—"Proposal Submission Site"
- Click on—Submit a New Proposal
- Click on—Submit a Proposal Now
- Under Session Proposals, Select the type of Session Submission: Click on—Paper Session
- On the session form, Enter Session Title. Include any group associations in the title (CRN) and note the group’s name in the description.
- Enter Description of 100-250 words
- When selecting Keywords describing the topic of the session, choose them in order of relevance to the topic of the session (Keyword #1 should be most relevant).
- Click on—Accept and Continue
- Add Chair and Discussant
Use the Search List first. When individual is found, add to the session by clicking on “Add” in the Action Column of the table. If the Chair and/or Discussant are not found with the search mechanism, each needs to log into the the LSA Services site. Once logged in, the Chair and/or Discussant should click on the menu item for the Proposal Submission Site. Their information will be drawn into the submission site immediately. If they do not, it will take "overnight" for their information to be available. You will then be able to add them to your session.
Select a role for each. The role will be highlighted when selected.
You may not add your paper authors, they must do so themselves.
- Click on—Accept and Continue (at the bottom of the page)
- AV equipment -Select “None.” AV equipment will be ordered by the paper authors when they submit their papers.
- Click on—Accept and Continue
- Review Page, Edit as needed
- When editing is complete, print out the page using your browser printer command.
- Click on—Save Session (at the bottom of the page)
An acknowledgment email will go to you, the Organizer/Submitter with a printout of the Session Proposal and a "Session Tracking Number." If you do not receive an acknowledgment email, contact the LSA Executive Office firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send a copy of the acknowledgment email to each paper author, the Chair, and the Discussant. Direct the Paper Authors to then submit their “assigned” papers using the session tracking number listed in the email.
- The Paper Authors will login to the submission site following the directions for “Assigned” Individual Paper Proposals. Automated emails will be sent to each paper presenter acknowledging their Log-In and their Paper Proposal.
It is the Organizer’s responsibility to assure that all papers connected to the Paper Session Submission are submitted by the authors. You may log into the submission site at any time to check for completeness.
Return to Menu